yahoo article makes an argument for Kansas city to bench alex for Mahomes

Viewing 2 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

now…this idea has gained enough steam for reporters to ask Andy Reid about it. there is certainly a large faction of the KC fan base that wants to see it. The team has been bad for a month and Alex has had some really bad games in that stretch. 

But I had a hard time processing the supporting arguments made in this article. they state that benching al for Mahomes carries a precedence of success historically, citing the situation when he was benched for the sexy running hot highlight player colin kaepernick (he likens colin to what Mahomes did in preseason)
      I’m just not too sure many, or any, 49er fans would agree with the opinion that that was a success. Now, nobody knows what Mahomes is. for better or worse he very likely isn’t Kaep. but if you are going to use the alex-kaep scenario as evidence, I have a hard time seeing it not being in favor of staying with Alex.
      He then goes on to highlight what he considers the more accurate example of a successful precedent in Denver benching Jake Plummer for jay Cutler. AS EVIDENCE OF SUCCESS. The Broncos finished the referenced season 2-3 with Cutler and the following season they missed the playoffs. To his credit, the long term move to go with Cutler over Plummer finally paid off the next season when they broke through by missing the playoffs and trading Cutler to Chicago

snafu
      Ute Fan
      @snafu

Hard to believe what has happened to that offense. Unfortunately the QB is going to take most of the blame. 

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

The Chief were cruising there for a while, but have really hit a rough patch.  No way should they lose to Buffalo.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

It is ridiculous considering what Alex does for that team. You basically run the risk of more turnovers Vs ball security. This is trademark Andy Reid is all. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NFL yahoo article makes an argument for Kansas city to bench alex for Mahomes