You all have been classy

Viewing 6 reply threads

Jim McMahon
      Ute Fan
      @icomeinpeace

I know last night sucked for your team. I’m not here to gloat. I am impressed with your fans and Whitt being very complimentary. 

Good luck the rest of the season. I mean that sincerely. 

Lastly, we acted like we won the super bowl last night. I don’t blame us at all. You can tell just how much it meant to us to finally end the streak and I think that is a tribute to your program and just how good you’ve been. 

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Yeah. Hope you guys don’t have a letdown game. I hope that BYU is truly great this season, and we bounce back, and this turns into a “quality loss.”

But it does kind of suck. I guess it says a lot about how I’ve matured over the last 12 years that I am not very broken up about this game. If we’d have lost to you 12 years ago, I would have gone into a funk. There are more important things than football to worry about. My kids were 4 and 2 the last time we lost. I have teenager drama now…

charlesh
        Ute Fan
        @charlesh

Yes, family is where it’s at. Hang in there with those teenagers.

Jim McMahon
        Ute Fan
        @icomeinpeace

My kids had never seen BYU win. 

The last 12 years had kind of killed off a little bit of my soul. I came in to everyone of these Utah matchup’s especially over the last five years, just knowing we would lose. Therefore, I had really tempered down my expectations. 

It is a surreal feeling to be on the winning side after so long. 

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

I totally understand that. I was a student when the Rice Bowl happened. After such futility, that was particularly sweet. I’m sure that you are feeling mighty fine today. It was a very big weekend for BYU. Enjoy it. I don’t even harbor any ill will. You deserve it.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @utebiquitous

Huge kudos to BYU. What a week for the program. I was impressed with every aspect of your team – coaching, physicality, execution, enthusiasm – impressive.

The Utes will learn from this and get better.

Good luck to the Cougs the rest of the way. It’s too bad we don’t get the opportunity to play you now for a few years. I believe Florida prevents the rivalry from happening for a few seasons.

charlesh
      Ute Fan
      @charlesh

Yes, because gloating would be silly since we are 1-9 the last ten games.

Jim McMahon
        Ute Fan
        @icomeinpeace

I fully recognize that. Which is also why we celebrated like we won the super bowl last night. I give your team tons of props. You have absolutely owned us over the last decade. 

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

The thing that BYU fans don’t yet understand is what a hard decade apart from your rival does to a fanbase. We have been frying other fish since joining the pac and in many cases those fish fried us back, sometimes to a cataclysmic degree. In many ways a loss here is just like a loss anywhere else. We aren’t above calling out when we’ve very soundly outcoached because theres no point in pretending, BYU thinks that just because they never beat us that no one else does, which is a miles away from the truth. We lose all the time, it’s not something we’re just now coming to terms with.

It does no one any good to slip into utter denial and pointless what-ifs like “if this call went that way” or “if only such and such held onto the ball”. You end up just stewing over something that never came to happen and there are better way for each of us to spend our time. The better team won the game, which with VERY few exceptions in the sport of football, is usually the case.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

There’s three reasons BYU won 1) Played a lot better than Utah and might have better players across the board, especially at QB 2) scored more points 3) The arrogant Ute Fans posting “10 is coming” for a year now was too much for the Football Gods to ignore and they punished us for that. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

There’s just something about this rivalry and getting to the 10 win mark. I guess it can’t happen for either side.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football You all have been classy