You know ESPN is in trouble

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

When they show an air-guitar competition in primetime.  I couldn’t believe it.  I know it is off-season for most sports, but still…

1 3

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Is there current discussion regarding ESPN’s viability? I have heard nothing about this. 

snommismr
      Ute Fan
      @snommismr

I think this is related to their espn Ocho spoof from the movie dodgeball.  Once a year they air random  “sports”.   I’m sure it’s partly because sports are hard to find early August.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Do people believe that ESPN is in trouble? I have not heard that the product is at all in jeopardy.

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
      Ute Fan
      @alaskasteveutealum

One can only hope. They are a villain in conference realignment, and have done everything possible to damage conferences that they don’t control. They’ve also tried to extract more money out of their subscribers by shifting more games to their ESPN+ platform, for an extra charge (as opposed to ESPN3 streaming that was included with the regular ESPN subscription). Their manipulation of the CFP and bowl games is not to the benefit of the sports fan.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

ESPN was a major player in opening access to college football.

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
          Ute Fan
          @alaskasteveutealum

Yes. Just like Disney was an opening to wholesome children’s programs, supporting traditional values. Now, they’re just out to extract more money out of their customers for an inferior product.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc You know ESPN is in trouble