You know what I love about Zoobs who keep telling me Utah is going to end up

Viewing 4 reply threads
      3 3

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Back in the MWC? 

The Big12 is dying a slow death and they don’t know it yet. 

If you are not in the P2 you will be irrelevant in 3 to 5 years. 

They are pounding their chests about being #3 behind the Big10 and SEC. 

Nothing like bragging about being the biggest little brother. 

Utah could end up back in the MW and I really don’t care because like I said if you are not in the big 2 it really doesn’t matter. 

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

The funniest thing is reading posts on socials saying things like “haha…the PAC just lost its two best schools and they’re going to have to add mediocre G5 teams just to survive.”

Ummmm…the Big 12 literally just did the same thing and BYU-Provo Campus was one of the ads, you freaking pinecone.

Waybackutefan
        Ute Fan
        @waybackutefan

I would argue the PACs two best schools over the last two decades are Oregon and Washington, strictly talking FB of course.  

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Maybe past 1 decade, but if you go back 2 decades you have to include USC.   That said, of course, Utah and Oregon are the hottest teams in the Pac (football), each having appeared in the last 3 of 5 Pac-12 championships.

Waybackutefan
            Ute Fan
            @waybackutefan

Yeah you are right I had to look at the records of the first decade of the new century. Washington after 2000-2001 was truly atrocious to mediocre for  years. In fact  the last decade they only had two or 3 really good years.

DrahtUte
        Ute Fan
        @drahtute

My favorite thing I read was a zoob trying to insult the Pac 12 by asking “why would anyone want to join a conference that couldn’t get Texas and Oklahoma?”

Zoobs are the queens of the self-own.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

For a fan base that hangs banners for bowl games they lost and claims a pac12 championship are you really surprised?

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

I’m with you, it looks like P2 or bust and they don’t realize their only hope (P3) is dying with every brand (UW, Oregon) that joins the P2 or doesn’t join them.  

Look, I want us to be in and if the Big 12 is in at the end of the day sign me up.  Otherwise, it’s all moot.

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
      Ute Fan
      @alaskasteveutealum

The sixteen team, or more, conferences are going to collapse after a few years, because scheduling is a logistical nightmare and the “marquee” teams have egos that will demand a larger share of the money pot than “lesser” teams in their conference. Just wait and see, the WAC football experience will be repeated, and the “super conferences” will break apart to form smaller conferences. The problem is that realignment is all about television money, and not about competition, regional loyalty/rivalry or the fans.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football You know what I love about Zoobs who keep telling me Utah is going to end up