Your comments on the Heart of Dallas Bowl?

Viewing 6 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We are who we are this season. Fortunately WV was not good today.  Happy for the win and the chance to watch our team one more time though. Come to think of it, I wore my new Ute underwear today. We are undefeated when I wear it.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Let me see that RPO with Simpkins one more time. Just one more time. I think it might work. 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Our TEs couldn’t catch herpes from a 2 bit hooker.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thoughts on the trick plays? I think you know my opinion.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

They ain’t tricks if you use them every game. 

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

I love trick plays, but man, I feel sick every time we run one. We just don’t seem to execute them well. 

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

I wanted to see TW !!!!!!!!!!!

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

Me too. Wonder why they had Lisk in at the end instead? Anyone know why?

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

TW’s shoe came off! Seriously.

ladyinred
            Ute Fan
            @ladyinred

Dafuq? I have heard of having to leave the game for a helmet but for a shoe? Okie dokie. I would’ve liked to see him more than just the last play, like for the whole 4th. Bummer.

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

The first trick play with the drop was brilliant design. I still feel iffy about our run game. I never have confidence we can churn out 3-4 yards when we really need it. Taylor needs to do better against the blitz. Other than some accuracy issues from Huntley and drops from WRs, most of the problems feel schematic

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

THIS IS RIGHT ON:

Taylor needs to do better against the blitz.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

In game adjustments right?  Riding Moss to a win isn’t a bad thing. Letting Huntley embarrass himself is bad. 

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

I was ready to throw something at the tv when WVU recovered the onside kick. Is it just me or does it seem like we have a lot of those recovered on us?

Overall the game was meh, WVU just wasn’t that into it, but now I haz sadz the season is over for real.

Utephoria
        Ute Fan
        @utephoria

The on-side kick fiascoe is our special team guys had a mental break down and thought the ball had to travel 10 yards before they could fall on it. Two of our Utes should have jumped on the ball before it even traveled 10 yards, they are allowed to touch it first. Mental blocks like these makes it hard not to scream, “What the hell!!!” (even though it didn’t affect the outcome of the game).

Oh yea — our tight-ends looked foolish out there trying to catch simple passes that hit them in the numbers (hands). Harrison Handley looked around after dropping the sure touchdown pass as if he was interferred with when no one was around him.

Grateful for the win and on to next year. Hoping things get fixed. 

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Your comments on the Heart of Dallas Bowl?