Your opinion, is it better to sit in the endzone or the corner sections?

Viewing 4 reply threads

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

at the Rose Bowl. I’m looking for two tickets. My budget is tight, so I’ll have crummy seats regardless, but do you think it’s better to be directly in the endzone (sections 10-13 or 24-27) or in the corners, like sections 8-9?

Also, if any of you have two extra tix for under around $300 total, I’d love to consider them. It’d be nice to avoid transaction fees on the apps.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Regardless of the stadium, I’m not a fan of watching football from the end zone. Can’t see the spacing of the players, the defensive positioning, routes, and so many things that I like to look at during play. Plus no depth perception on down and distance. 

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

Yeah, I totally agree. Unfortunately, my budget doesn’t agree.

Uteusmc
          Ute Fan
          @uteusmc

I can see your point with your budget. We had endzone seats last year, and it was very difficult to get a good read at what was going on, especially at the opposite end of the field. I would opt for the corners at a minimum so that you at least have, a good view when they’re on your end of the field. Oddly enough, I feel at that stadium the higher the seats the better the view from that angle because it has a very shallow slope on the lower levels which would make it difficult.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

ditto on the higher is better. I had goal line seats (about 30 rows up) for the 2007 UW/UCLA game and had to spend at least half of the game looking at the jumbotron replays to see what happened. You lose almost all visibility for anything happening out past the 30 on your side of the field due to the team on the sidelines and by then, you also can’t really get a feel for the play since a two yard loss and a 10 yard gain look very similar.

The only seats I like close to the action are if I can them between the 40’s. The farther from midfield, the higher I want my seats.

Extra Medium
          Ute Fan
          @runningreddude

Everytime I remind myself that end zone seats aren’t the best and I’ve got to be on one of the sides my checking account reminds me to just be happy I’m able to go and settle the hell down. 

Crazyforu
        Ute Fan
        @crazyforu

It’s funny how different preference can be. Our seats at RES have been in the end zone since we got them, I love that angle.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

I also prefer the corners. @AlohaUte, you might want to check KSL Classifieds for tickets to avoid transaction fees.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

From the end zone any run between -2 and +6 yards looks the same.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

I don’t do it very often anymore but about once a year I make it to an endzone seat to meet up with old friends.  I actually enjoy endzone seats if you are behind the offense.  You can see the holes develop, watch the routes develop, and see what the quartback sees on the field.  For that unique perspective alone it can make the game enjoyable.

Not enjoyable enough to ditch my current seats but it is an undervalued viewpoint of the game.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Your opinion, is it better to sit in the endzone or the corner sections?