Zack Moss

Viewing 4 reply threads

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Can someone in the know explain the nature of Zack Moss’ injury he sustained last year? What kind of surgery did he have to correct it?  Will it affect his performance much this year? What are the chances of re-injury?

Red Don
      Ute Fan
      @reddon

Knee surgery.  He said it locked up on him several times during the season but always came back.  The last time getting into bed it locked up on him in a 90 degree angle and wouldn’t loosen up.  He said his girlfriend took him to the hospital at 3am and that was the season for him.  Hopefully the surgery wasn’t real serious and he’s good to go ata the start.  Heard him speak at media day.  Seems like a very nice young man.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I had a chance to hang out and chat with Zack last year. Super mello dude. Cool to chat with. 

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I tore my LCL in a high school football game my Junior year.  What he’d described sounds a lot like what had happened to me.  Even to the point that I didn’t know about the tear until a couple hours after the game, and my knee started locking up on me.  I would have to physically pull it straight (which of course hurt like hell).

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

He talked about it during media day. He said he had the injury for two seasons and it had been nagging him for a while. He says his knee is now better than pre-injury, hopefully this is a good thing for next year.

Da Vinci Ute
      Ute Fan
      @davinciute

I thought he said meniscus. Classic description is a locking joint that needs to worked out. Any ligament tears would likely cause instability.

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

“Locking up” is classic meniscus symptom. Being able to play through it for a number of years until it needs intervention isn’t uncommon as the meniscus continues to degrade and ultimately “locks up” the joint with debris from the damage. Surgical repair is relatively minor compared to a major ligament tear.

Fingers crossed he’s 100, if that’s what it was.

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

I think you are spot on with the meniscus. And if so, I can’t see him not being 100% by TDS. Covey may be a different story. 

Surgery has come a long way. I had my acl done in 2007 with a 4″ scar and two holes. I think they can do the whole procedure arthroscopically now. And the rehab is totally different than what I went through. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.