2 2

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Purdue.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

anyone ready to back away from the ledge now? I don’t think this kid was anywhere near the player some of the people here were claiming he was. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The biggest problem I have with the transfer is he had a really cool name. 

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

If there was anyone ever destined to come to Salt Lake City… it was this kid (based on his name).

Hellhound152
          Ute Fan
          @hellhound152

DB~Joseph Smith back in 2009.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

You have to sign to transfer, not just commit.  He still has plenty of time to decommit from Purdue and commit to Houston or elsewhere before signing day.  Give it a rest man.

junkemail
      Ute Fan
      @junkemail

This isn’t very smart of Steptoe in my opinion… Jeff Brohm could be on his way out depending on how the season finishes and Purdue could have a very different coach…

I get that Purdue throws the ball 60% of the time but if Brohm is out, then Steptoe might not get the ball the same way he’s expecting.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

You could be right about Purdue. At the same time, it is hard to fault a kid for wanting to go somewhere that throws the ball to his position. And includes young players in the rotation.

Money Parks (similar measurables) was supposed to be an instant impact player and I’m not aware of him getting a target in either 2020 or so far this year. Kids want to go where they think they will be showcased and right now that is not Utah for receivers. Anyone watching the games could easily conclude that they are 5th option on every pass play.

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

You just never know what you’re getting yourself into as a player.  Coaches change.  Philosophies change.  You may THINK you’re going to get a lot of playing time but sometimes it doesn’t work out that way.  Bryan Thompson is stuck at 2 receptions for 12 yards for ASU this year (I wonder if he’s hurt again)?

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Let’s not assume that Utah lost him to Purdue. Maybe they did, but for all we know, Utah pulled the scholarship.

Summit Ute
      Ute Fan
      @summitute

Saw this on Reddit “Steptoe will never make it to the NFL unless he can evolve to Steptoes /s”

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Zion Steptoe transfers to 🥁🥁🥁