103.1 FM. The old KCGL ~ KJQ format from the 80's.

Viewing 4 reply threads

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

If you like this stuff, this place is heaven! I found it about a month ago. One kick-ass new wave/alternative after another.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Former rock & roll and jazz fusion drummer here. I go for the more technical stuff, progressive rock and such. No radio does that for me. I stream spotify all day.

Eagle
        Ute Fan
        @eagle

From one Eagle to another Tony, thanks for the tip to this web page.  Tony plays a mean game of golf as well as playing a mean set of drums.  

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

Nice, thanks 89ute

Utephoria
      Ute Fan
      @utephoria

I found the station after my good friend UT-Man had it playing in his truck and asked if I knew of the new station. This was in October on our way to a Utah football game. I have been listening to it ever since.

My one complaint is certain bands get played way too much (Yaz, Thompson Twins, Talking Heads, etc.). I don’t know if they have a limited library or the DJs are really into these bands. If they opened up the library and played more of the obscure bands and songs then the station would be perfect.

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

For me, it’s been so long since I’ve had a steady diet of “Yaz, Thompson Twins, Talking Heads, etc.” I’m looking forward to getting burned out on it.

~ I just can’t get enough, I just can’t get enough ~

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

I happen to be acquaintances (friends?) with a number of the DJ’s. They oftentimes come and/or are involved in the various gigs I DJ at clubs and the like.

I was talking to one of them about this very subject a while back. They aren’t off the leash yet. The General Manager is dictating what songs are in the rotation right now. Once they feel like things are solidified and the numbers are maintaining a decent level, then they’ll loosen things up a bit.

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

I love 80s alternative. I am excited they are back on and hope they stay this time.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc 103.1 FM. The old KCGL ~ KJQ format from the 80's.