After 2 games, I feel REALLY good about the talent on this team

Viewing 2 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

This may be our most talented team ever. I mean, guys, our third string running back came in and took us on what should have been a game winning drive. Arguably our best DB is out and our secondary is still playing absolute lockdown defense. Our depth is incredible, and our talent is very good top to bottom. I even think a group that most dont think much of, our WRs, are very, very underrated. To the point where guys that I think are going to be good players for us (Siaosi Wilson) arent even getting reps.

Now, we see every year that talent alone does not make  team. (see: USC) This team has quite a ways to go in areas that are absolutely required to be a good team, such as execution and playing a cleaner game. A lot of it is also going to come down to Troy Williams. Without a good passing attack, we are not winning a conference with offensive firepower like the Pac 12. Just isnt happening. If we can clean up our game and execute better (I have trust in Whitt to right the ship in that regard) then the sky is the limit for this team. The pieces we have are VERY good.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Talent is probably the main reason we won with six turnovers.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Agreed, @admin.

OP is 100% accurate. This game may very well have been the greatest example of how the talent level on our team has been taken to the next level.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football After 2 games, I feel REALLY good about the talent on this team