Diversion from the doldrums of a loss, I'm sharing with you what I've been doing

Viewing 3 reply threads

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Yesterday I ran in the St. George Marathon, crossed the finish line and made if home at 4:20pm in order to watch our game live.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r233/Folderdog/IMG_0903_zpsdtfws4vg.jpg

St. George was the last marathon of the Grand Slam. The Grand Slam is where you run 4 Utah marathons. It’s grueling because the time span is less than 4 months. I ran Utah Valley, June 10th, Desnews, July 25th, Big Cottonwood, September 10th and St. George October 1st.

The back drop of the photo is a hunk of the recently replaced Rice Eccles Stadium turf.

Even though this is a totally self-indulgent post, I’ll make it Ute related by encouraging people to run the Homecoming 5K this Saturday.

See you there!

Edit, Tony can you fix my photo?

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

awesome

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

I remember my first marathon. Portland 8 years ago. It was such a mind breaking experience. I’ve never experienced such highs and lows in a 4 hour period.

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

Are you still marathoning?

Milton Vanderslice
          Ute Fan
          @miltonvanderslice

I’ve only done 1 more after that.  I let myself go and I need to take care of that.

A Feb. and May half marathon is my immediate goal to get back into it.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Where’s the photo?

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

photobucket

[IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r233/Folderdog/IMG_0903_zpsdtfws4vg.jpg[/IMG]

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Diversion from the doldrums of a loss, I'm sharing with you what I've been doing