Expectations for Game 1

Viewing 2 reply threads

cbmute
      Ute Fan
      @cbmute

I’ve heard over the past few days a lot about what the expectations are for the first game.  So I thought I would share mine.

1 – The offensive and defensive lines dominate.  This should be clear and obvious to even casual fans.

2 – The offense has some dynamic plays by a few players. I’d like to see a few players make some plays that show their talent and get the fans excited because of their potential.  I’m sure the offensive play calling will be simple, but that doesn’t mean if we have talent like we keep hearing we do, a player or two or three can’t turn a simple play into something big.  This is what good players do.  I’d expect to see some of this tomorrow.

3 – Win comfortably.  I won’t put a score to it, but if Utah is good enough to win the South they have to win comfortably.  I’m not sure we will learn much from Utah if they do win comfortably, but I’m pretty sure we learn a lot about them if they struggle to win.

Go UTES!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by cbmute.

Dugway
      Ute Fan
      @dugway

I’ll give you a couple:

1 – convert on the first offensive 3rd down
      2 – force a punt on the first defensive series

If we can start out strong, the rest of the game should be easy. If we stumble out of the gate, they may hang around for a while.

Anonymous
        Inactive

I will one up you.

1-Score on the first offensive possession

2-force a turnover on the first SUU possession.

GO UTES!

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

Here’s one of the great things about college football: there are guys on our team right now we know virtually nothing about…new guys who have never had any actual game experience. Maybe they haven’t even cracked the two-deep rotation yet. But some of these guys will one day go on to become all-Pac12 players, NFL draft picks, perhaps even NFL superstars. And tomorrow their journey begins.

I promise some player you’ve never thought twice about will make a big play tomorrow, and it will be the first of many many great plays he makes over the course of a stellar career.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by CincyUte.
      • This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by CincyUte.

cbmute
        Ute Fan
        @cbmute

That is one of the great things about college football.  We have seen that over and over by defensive players.  I hope we continue to see if from young defensive players.  I also hope we see it from a couple offensive players this year.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Expectations for Game 1