I love this new OC hire

Viewing 5 reply threads

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

I love this hire. 

I love it that Whit didn’t wait until signing day to get rid of A-Rod.

I love it that Whit didn’t wait until signing day to make a hire.

I love it that this is someone from outside of the program and outside of Whit’s usual circle.

I love it that we will have ONE offensive coordinator.

I love it that our new OC is a former QB with tons of experience coaching/developing QBs and he will also be our QB coach.

I love it that Taylor is bringing in HIS OWN offense and won’t be keeping this crappy offense we’ve been trying to run for the last 3 years or so.

I have not been this excited for a new OC since we hired Chow, and even that doesn’t compare to this because I was worried Chow was washed up before we got him.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I’m with you. Everything about this has me optimistic.

Will there be disappointments? Yes. Will there be bumps in the road? Yes.

But this guy has a reputation for being good to work with, unlike a certain DC who was our OC back in the BCE.

It’s hard not to get wound up with excitement right now. This is something that should have every single Ute fan ridiculously excited.

Cribb
      Ute Fan
      @cribb

I was worried that Harding would get the promotion to OC. This is an un-KW type move and that in and of itself is exciting. There is hope for the offense going into 2017.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I’ve gone from thinking we will win 6 to 8 regular season games to thinking we could win 10 or 11.

Utemachine
      Ute Fan
      @utemachine

Excellent summation of my thoughts. Thank you and carry on.

AZswayze
      Ute Fan
      @AZswayze

This hire is a bit risky, and I love that. The guy only has one year of college football under his belt, and no FBS experience, BUT his offenses in high school and in his lone year at EWU were prolific and exciting. As long as Whitt stays out of his way we should have a pretty good gauge early on about how well this will work out. Maybe we’ll luck out and end up with a Gus Malzahn type of transition. One thing’s pretty certain; the quarterbacks have to be pumped about this pick.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Yeah, it’s a very risky hire. Recruiting is everything and we have no idea what this guy can do as far as recruiting at this level.

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

Actually he was an assistant at Cal from 1996-2000 and he also was a GA at Colorado.

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

Taylor held the passing records at CAL until Jared Goff broke them. He played QB at a high level, and played in the Jets organization in the early 90s.

AZswayze
            Ute Fan
            @AZswayze

I meant as a coach. Being a player doesn’t always translate to being a good coach, especially in a coordinator capacity.

AZswayze
          Ute Fan
          @AZswayze

Didn’t realize that, but still a big leap from a WR coach turned high school coach to college OC. I’m not worried, as the offense can only improve, although the recruiting angle that westslope mentioned is a legit point.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I love this new OC hire