If we just had…We'd be great.

Viewing 4 reply threads

utejeph
      Ute Fan
      @utejeph

So we have a really interesting match up this Saturday. Two teams who spent the whole of the 2014 season saying to themselves, if we just had this one more piece we’d be a great team.

For the past two years, Cal has had a good to great offense, which didn’t matter much because their defense couldn’t keep points of the board. This left Cal fans dreaming about how they would look if they just had a decent defense.

On the other hand, we had the Utes with their traditionally strong defense that could keep us in games, but the offense could never seem to pull it together and be consistent game after game and ranking in the lower third of most major offensive categories.

Well, here we are in 2015 with both teams maintaining their strengths while adding a new dynamic, play making in their “weak” areas. So to me, this is the match up of the game. Has Cal’s defense improved enough that they can slow the Ute’s offense enough that their high-octane offense can win the game. Or has Utah’s offense improved enough that it can take advantage of the defense holding scores low.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I’m going with Special Teams. Sure some think our ST is down this year, but really I don’t believe that’s true. Think about this.

1. We’ve had a PR and a KR and a fake PR returned for TDs.
      2. Against Oregon every punt Hackett had was downed inside the 10.
      3. Automatic Andy missed a couple FGs early but he’s been nails since.

I think we remember things being better last year than they really were in ST. I don’t think we’ve really dropped off and may even be better. We had a fake PR returned for a TD for Pete’s sake.

I’m confident all three phases of our game are better than all three phases of Cal’s game. Advantage Utah.

Hal Evans
      Ute Fan
      @dixieute

Simple…….Wilson healthy and stays healthy we win by 14 points. Our defensive secondary is better than last year….there has been no drop off with special teams….my concern is this the game we should win that we lose or is that next week….not trying to be a downer but that is our mo

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

As far as special teams go we need to be better at getting touchbacks. Automatic Andy can continue to redeem himself.

I do agree that the secondary seems better, but they have been burned on the deep ball many times this year already. Lucky for us the passes have been too long.

Uterider
      Ute Fan
      @uterider

Utejeph asked above “Has Cal’s defense improved enough that they can slow the Ute’s offense enough that their high-octane offense can win the game.”

To which I reply, did you watch that Texas game? Cal’s D is still tuuuuurrrrible.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football If we just had…We'd be great.