Marcel Manalo leaves the team.

Viewing 7 reply threads

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

… Redshirt freshman running back Marcel Manalo has left the team. He played in two games (Arizona and OSU), with no statistics …

Link to Utahutes.com

I remember seeing Vainuku in the backfield, looks like it might be a permanent thing.

Defensive end Hayden Clegg and defensive tackle Vaha Vainuku were part of a special fullback package last week at UCLA, switching their numbers to 40 and 89, respectively. They will keep those numbers for the remainder of the year …

EUte
      Ute Fan
      @eute

Well we are really deep at that position anywa…oh. Damn.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Whitt spoke highly of Manalo during Spring, but went real cold on him after Fall camp. When asked about Manalo after all the injuries, he closed over it as if he were not an option. Based on that, Sean O’Connell commented on his radio show that Manalo was not long for the team and would probably transfer.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Jeez. We have a lot of problems. How in the hell are we 7-1 & 2 yards from 8-0 with all this drama?

RedLine
        Ute Fan
        @redline

I agree there’s some drama in the locker room but I also think we’re seeing a connudrum Utah has not dealt with at this level – what talent in depth brings to a team in the face adversity. In Jim Mora’s post game Utah loss interview, he was asked directly about the locker room morale and he responded less than composed and confident.  Yeah, Whitt is in a difficult situation behind the scenes, but winning is the most important motivator for players. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hmm didn’t expect that.  Maybe he takes a month off and comes back?

Anonymous
        Inactive

We can arrange for a GF and a month’s worth of playing video games. Heard it’s good for a 300+ yard game.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I think it was telling they used a walk on in front of him when Shyne went down. I’ve heard he could never quite adjust to the speed of the actual games.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

Vainuku is a stud.  Glad they’re finding a spot for him with this special package.  He’s a strong mofo

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

If his works out anything like Shawn Asiata, I love this.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Marcel Manalo leaves the team.