Mission Rust

Viewing 3 reply threads

The Lone Wolf
      Ute Fan
      @thelonewolf

Utehuber’s, what do you think? Some kids show promise before they leave but are never the same after getting home. Other kids pick right up where they left off. When Covey suits up for BYU in 2018, will he be able to show the same athleticism and deceptiveness that he did this year?

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

There is no way a player can train for the explosive actions without putting in some serious (supervised) training, and missionaries just don’t have time for that. Covey will probably lose some of his explosiveness and direction changing abilities.

A missionary in my mission played basketball for a school in the Midwest, I think a Big Ten school. He used to do box jumps and other plyo exercises, along with weight training. But even that isn’t the same thing as training with proper equipment and proper periodization.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Lot easier for a receiver to come back than a QB or an OL. Receiver will be able to maintain his wheels. OL tough to maintain mass and strength. QB has many levels, including cerebral, to maintain, so it’s a lot tougher.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I saw what you did there… BYU didn’t want him, remember? Not a D1 talent or something like that.

I fear he’ll be fat and slow when he gets back. That’s what you’re questioning, right?

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Mission Rust