Most underutilized offensive position?

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I say tight end.  Utilizing the TE more could really help the offense by making the opposing defense more honest.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

We used to hit the tight end all the time.  It seems we are using it less and less lately.  Maybe that’s because we are hitting our WRs more though.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

In related news it appears that Harrison Handley is out……ugh. Make it stop

Anonymous
        Inactive

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Watching some of the routes receiver’s and tight ends run, I’m not sure if the offensive play book is developed for an effective passing game. Numerous times there will be two or three receiver’s in the same area making it easier to defend. Watch the 3rd and 40 play vs Arizona, multiple receiver’s go to the end zone with a prevent defense… Who calls that play?

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I think part of it was the injury to Siale Fakailoatonga. I think Troy was building a report with him and then BAM, He’s gone. He was going to be an important part of this offense, but with him gone I think they changed how their were planning to use the tight ends.

UtahSig
      Ute Fan
      @utahsig

I am too lazy to look it up, but Evan Moeai was thrown to several times against AZ. I actually told my friend at the game “I am glad to see them utilizing the TE more.”

Ok, I looked it up Moeai is the third leading receiver on the year with 13 receptions. 4 behind Realon and 11 behind Timmy.

As as an interesting side note (to me) Moeai’s big brother is a good friend of mine, so I am glad to see him playing well.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Most underutilized offensive position?