Tailgate Memorial service for Chris Evans AKA Webmonkey

Viewing 1 reply thread

kimberstarz
      Ute Fan
      @kimberstarz

Please join us in a memorial tailgate for Chris Evans owner and operator ofUtefans.net and friend to many. Come to the tailgate lot Saturday between 11 and 1 and bring a potluck dish to share memories, your love of the Utes, and help us celebrate Chris’ life. Share this invite with others who may be interested. RSVP appreciated so we can be prepared, but not required. PM John, Elaine or his sister Kim (801-664-0842) with questions.

In true tailgate fashion, please bring canopies, fire pits, tables and lawn chairs. Forecast is currently 40* with snow. 

Chris’s desire was to be cremated with no funeral, but a Celebration of Life only. So those who are not family but wish to pay respects, this will be the best event for you to attend. In lieu of flowers, the family has asked that you bring a tailgating dish to share. BBQUte will be providing some hot food and there will be firepits to keep us warm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYnzHv8-fCc

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

Most of us have forgotten how far ahead Chris was in pulling together a community of Ute fans. The name for his website was spot on; he wore his heart on his sleeve for this one. He was a Utah Man through and through, a pioneer in pulling together a fanbase in this new thing called the web. I will be forever grateful that CE had the vision and tenacity to make UF.N happen in such a beautiful way. Several other websites, this one too, have only followed the lead he gave us and owe Chris a massive debt of gratitude.

Along the way, we got to know Chris, dear heart. We understood the challenges in his life. In some of those, we all celebrated in his successes, and more recently, we’ve mourned in the things that did not go as planned. Such a loss, I know us vintage UF.Ners feel it and our hearts with the best thoughts go out to Chris, his daughter, family and close friends. Please convey that for us this weekend, I am across the country and cannot join. But I will be there in my way.

Go Utes!!!

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Tailgate Memorial service for Chris Evans AKA Webmonkey