UCLA game was nerve-wracking to watch on TV.

Viewing 0 reply threads

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

I loved the outcome and it was a fun game to watch, but man, I had to hold my breath on about every UCLA offensive play.  They threw about 70 times.  

For throws, the camera focuses on the quarterback in the pocket, as usual.  Their QB was efficient getting the ball out and had time to throw, so not as much hope for the sack. Then, the passes were usually deep enough that you can’t see what is developing until the camera quickly pans to the intended receiver.  For that split-second I didn’t know if we would have a guy on him or not.  Play after play.

For runs, you get to see the play develop, so there is not as much suprise. Watching in-person, you can also see the pass play develop without the quite so restricted view.

I know for most football on TV, that it’s this way.  But I had to hold my breath more than usual, given the number of passes, the lack of pass rush, the depth of the passes, the less than stellar pass defense, and the closeness of the score until Joe broke it open.

Just something I noticed.

Great win! Beat the Huskies. Utah by 5!

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football UCLA game was nerve-wracking to watch on TV.