Utah women's volleyball game

Viewing 2 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Took the family to the Utah v. Colorado Volleyball game today and it was fun. If anybody saw the game on the Pac12 network that may or may not have been me making barn animal noises when Colorado was serving. With that said, Colorado’s band was just plain annoying.

Coach Launiere came up to talk to us before the game and my three daughters wanted autographs after the game. Beau Lawlor made sure the team came out to meet with my girls. The whole team came out and was very gracious to my whole family. My daughters are huge Utah Volleyball fans, you may remember we went to both the UCLA and USC games homecoming week.

Adora Anae, who set a single season kill record at 501, and many of the other players gave my girls hugs, thanked them for coming and really represented our Utes well. If you haven’t had a chance to watch our Volleyball team play you should. My wife loved the fact the team was so accessible, which probably only happens on the road. One of the players said, “I saw your whole family sitting up there and was so excited to see such support.” Oh, and my six year old boy, well he may have a few girlfriends. I think he loved the hugs from about half the team. We teased him on the way home.

So again, if you haven’t taken a chance to see PAC12 volleyball you should, USC, Washington and Stanford are all ranked in the top six. The team was young this year but will most likely be in the upper half of the PAC12 next year.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I think it is cool you support these “other” Ute sports. I find that I only have interest in football and men’s basketball.

I could become a fan of beach volleyball though, especially if I can sit right behind the backline. 😉

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

I have three daughters and one loves to play volleyball and the other two play a bit as well. I’m really tempted to get my daughter enrolled in more competitive V-ball and see how much she wants to do, and also how good she can become. But I think it’s still a long shot since we’re starting her late to play for Utah or any college for that matter.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I love watching the women’s volleyball team. It’s a fun sport to watch and one of the rare female sports that I enjoy.

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

@leftyjace gymnastics and volleyball are fun to watch and with three girls, my son will appreciate those two sports.

And if by chance anybody caught the replay of the match against Colorado, yes I am the fat guy with his family on the right side behind the bench. I think the camera added 50 lbs or maybe it was my wife’s cooking over 21 years.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by UTE98.
Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports Utah women's volleyball game