Chapman transferring to Weber?

Viewing 5 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

Looks like Kuzma is the last guy with experience in the tourney for Utah. Coach Krysto has pretty much a blank check in my book but I don’t write the checks. Beginning of the end for him?

Maybe I am over reacting a little but damn Chapman was good talent.  I know he had a death in his family and he regressed but this is getting turrible for this upcoming season.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yeah he has a lot of talent and tools, but he’s a bit of a mental case. I think he underachieved this year from what I expected.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

When you look at the giant physical changes Kuzma and Poeltl made in the offseason and contrast that with Chapman, who made NO physical changes, I can’t help to think he’s probably lazy. I was expecting Chapman to gain at least 15-20 pounds and he looked exactly the same as when he walked in as a high schooler. I’m willing to bet he avoided the weight room and off season workouts like the plauge.

Yes, I get he had a death in the family but that does not seem to hold back countless other players who have endured far worse. Keth Van Horn ring a bell?

I have only my observations to go by. His game and body did not change one single bit the whole time he was here. In Larry I trust.

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

Of the three transfers this is definitely the head scratcher. Wright and Reyes were facing a battle for minutes but Chapman was penciled in as the starter at SF. Disappointing to say the least. I expected him to make the leap this past season and he just never did. But he would show tantalizing flashes that gave you hope. I wish him all the best at Weber (if that’s where he ends up) and will now hope that Kuzma can develop his outside shot.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Rumor was that Chapman has herbal issues which probably explains his laziness. I felt like he was a foul machine once he got into the game.’ Lot of stupid reach in fouls on defense and that’s due to lazy footwork.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

We need Yurtseven. Visited last week.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Chapman transferring to Weber?