Many national guys say we have no room for error if we want to make the tourney

Viewing 4 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Which makes me nervous. You know that one wtf loss is going to happen. Needing “perfection” sucks but it’s the spot we’ve put ourselves in by having a great shot to beat Oregon and ucla and losing both of them…stings

A win @cal could help that some. Time for us to break through and win a tough one

snommismr
      Ute Fan
      @snommismr

Have to win at Cal.  The way I look at it we have to win all of our games with the exception of winning at Oregon (although if we are able to do that it may be our “signature” win.  It will be tough sledding to get into the big dance. 

Minnesota Ute
        Ute Fan
        @minnesotaute

I don’t feel like we will have that WTF loss, but if there is an opportunity for one, it will be @ Colorado. That is the only one that scares me. I think keeping to just 2 more losses is possible, split with Cal and loss to Oregon. This team seems more bullet proof than teams in the past in terms of having 60% of our points in the paint, solid defense and rebounding. But we’ll see. If we get a road sweep this week, it would be huge though.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I’m afraid we’re going to have to get one impressive win in the tourney to get in. Oregon, UCLA or Arizona.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

You must mean in the Pac-12 tourney then.  I don’t think we can beat Oregon up there. Would love it if we did, but I don’t think they had their best game here.  Then again, neither did we.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

Yep. And I’m not sure we are beating any of those teams not at home. Oregon may be the best chance/matchup. Or Ucla

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We have NINE games left. 8-1 is possible. 7-2, 6-3 maybe.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I still stand by what I said earlier. This is a solid NIT team. I want them to win the NIT. 

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

This is no question a Tourney quality team but I dont think they will be able to overcome the schedule, lack of quality win opportunities, and letting the UCLA and Oregon games get away.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Many national guys say we have no room for error if we want to make the tourney