Were we the only favorite to win today?

Viewing 2 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Miami beat a ranked WVU, which I assume was an upset. But further research on the line, had Miami plus 3. So not a big upset to the bettors.

KSU beat Texas A&M, which may have been considered an upset.

Northwestern beat a ranked Pitt.

Utah won, but didn’t look good doing it. However looking at those other results. I’ll take the win.

Today Miami covered the spread, Utah did not, the other two favorites did not cover and lost.

If my quick check of the bowl season is right so far, ranked teams are 1-4. Utah the only team to win.

#25 Navy lost, #24 Temple lost, #23 Pitt lost, #16 West Virginia lost, and #19 Utah won, the only win so far by a ranked team.

While the win was UGLY and our offense looked like they were allergic to TDs, we at least won.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Pitt is the most surprising loser IMO and probably TAMU. I didn’t even know until you told me. I really have no interest in the rest of the bowl games. 

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Miami was a 2.5 to 3 point favorite even though W Va was ranked.  Prior to that game the Underdogs had been an astounding 13-1 against the spread in the last 14 bowl games with 7 outright wins!  Add 2 more underdogs covering last night and I’ll say Vegas is in the money since the public usually bets the favorite!  

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Were we the only favorite to win today?