What I Want, What I Expect – Oregon

Viewing 3 reply threads

UTE Stuck in VA
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinva

We find ourselves once again facing a Friday afternoon, slowly watching the clock turn to Saturday night. What do you get for it? My list of what I want to see, and what I expect to see, from Utah at Oregon:

What I want:
      1. Travis Wilson starting and staying healthy for the entire game;
      2. 300+ yards passing;
      3. 150+ yards rushing, 100+ of which coming from Booker;
      4. +2 turnover margin;
      5. No open Oregon receivers behind our DBs;
      6. Oregon at less than 100 yards rushing, and less than 300 yards passing;
      7. And, naturally, a Utah win.

What I expect:
      1. Travis Wilson will start, and hopefully stay healthy throughout. I will be nervously waiting until he takes his first big hit, however.
      2. We will get 250+ yards passing, but not 300+. I want to believe our offense is vastly improved, and that Oregon’s defense is suspect, but until I see it I’m just not sure about it.
      3. We will get 100+ yards rushing, but I don’t expect it to be much more than 100 and it won’t all come from Booker. Oregon’s defense will be playing Booker first, quarterback run second, and passing third.
      4. I expect we will get 1 or 2 turnovers, but give up 1 or 2 turnovers….making us even on the turnover margin.
      5. I expect our DBs will get beat at least twice, even if the passes don’t connect. I think it has happened every game this year.
      6. I expect our defense will hold Oregon to under 100 yards rushing, and under 300 yards passing, but it will be close on both counts.
      7. I expect Utah will win a hard fought, perhaps ugly at times, battle.

Utah 34, OU 24.

Book it!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Good benchmarks.. But holy cow holding Oregon to 24? Utah needs to score more than 30 to win but not many teams have held Oregon to that low of a score. That would be an amazing game to watch for sure.

UTE Stuck in VA
        Ute Fan
        @utestuckinva

I feel like we need to hold Oregon under 30 in order to win. Our defense can do it…..if we don’t get burned in the secondary.

Wishful thinking?

PC Ute Fan
      Ute Fan
      @pcutefan

My thoughts:
      1. +1 on Travis Wilson staying healthy.
      2. 200 yards passing, maybe more if the running game is on and we’re willing to throw deep enough to keep Oregon honest.
      3. Booker will have a tough game if we don’t have an effective passing attack and Travis is tentative in the run game.
      4. I would be happy with even turnovers.
      5. We will get beat deep, but hope Vernon Adam’s finger injury affects his accuracy. Maybe a pick or two will result.
      6. Oregon will exceed 100 yds rushing and 250 yds passing
      7. My heart says Utes win!

Utah 24 Oregon 21

UTE Stuck in VA
        Ute Fan
        @utestuckinva

I’m really interested to see if this injury affects Travis’s intensity. I’ve never sprained a shoulder, but I can’t imagine it is 100% after just a few weeks. I wonder if he is going to shy away from hits (maybe not always a bad thing, btw).

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Win or lose, I really just want to see a couple of TD passes.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

I just want to see a win. Pass touchdowns, run touchdowns, return touchdowns, defensive touchdowns. They’re all 6 points.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What I Want, What I Expect – Oregon