A couple Oregon game notes

Viewing 2 reply threads

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

Haven’t seen it discussed but it was cool that carrington was there in Utah gear.  I also loved the opening kickoff call – if we avoid the first trip there was one man to beat for a td.  Good chance it goes the distance.  Really liked the mentality.  I expect cu has a similar super aggressive mentality this week.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

For some reason we like to do really crazy trick plays on special teams whenever we play Oregon.

BD
        Ute Fan
        @flyfisherman

I wonder if they tried to do the fake Covey punt return, like they did in Oregon in ’15. I thought I saw Covey act like he was receiving a punt only the punt was fielded by another Ute away from Covey – I forget who. 

I am not totally sure this was the case  as it happened quickly and I only saw a split-second of it. 

Regardless, if so, it didn’t work too well .

Xanthis
          Ute Fan
          @xanthis

We did try, but the ball ended up landing in the middle of the field and getting a favorable OU bounce. 

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

I personally didn’t like that trick play.  Too high of a risk, with a new QB and new RB to be pinned back could have been a disaster.  It wasn’t, so all is well.   But that was not the best time to try that IMHO.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football A couple Oregon game notes