A few observations from watching the LSU game last night

Viewing 1 reply thread

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

1. The coogs don’t have a RB. We should be able to put 4 in the box and still stop the run.

2. The coogs receivers can’t get open. If our corners can lock them up for 3-4 seconds, our D-line should be in their backfield all night.

3. Tanner Magnum p**ses his pants any time he gets pressured. He starts tap dancing and throws bad balls. If we can pressure him (see observation #2) he will get hit a lot and/or turn the ball over.

4. The coog defense was not good against the run (credit LSU’s RB) but they also had a hard time defending quick throws, like swing passes and quick slants. Thier starting safety is also out for the 1st half, which should be able to be exploited.

Here are my keys to the game:

– Show up angry and confident. We are the more talented team, don’t focus too much on “the rivalry”.

– Hit them in the mouth early and often. Keep your foot on the gas for 60 minutes.

– Stay level headed. They are known for cheap shots and running their mouth. Don’t let them lure you in.

If we just play to our level, this game won’t be close. Unfortunately we have a habit of playing down to teams. Hopefully Taylor changes that.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

The discipline thing has me a little worried. Byu has a lot to lose for this game. Basically the entire season is gone after Utah starts to thrash them. 

Cheap shots a plenty. Carrington handled himself well against Nd. I just hope he isn’t a target of byu players to hurt.

2 2

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

I think those slow white boys from P-Toen are going to have a difficult time keeping up with Carrington

We don’t have LSU speed but we have a helluva lot more speed than the Provo boys the cut blocks won’t be anymore effective against our D line than they were against LSU

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo A few observations from watching the LSU game last night