ALPHA TEST! New Predict The Score Game

Viewing 0 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Help me start testing the NEW PREDICT THE SCORE GAME by making your predictions for tonight’s Utah at Arizona basketball the national championship game, Clemson vs Alabama.  See below photo for discussion on how I propose points are earned. The game’s home will be https://www.utehub.com/predict

After putting in dozens of hours, about 20 in the last day or two, I’m ready for people to input some scores.  This is an ALPHA test and I make NO guarantee the entire thing won’t explode.  Currently the only capabilities are (hopefully) entering and editing scores for one or more games, and viewing the predictions of other players. The flow is just like pick em, with some minor differences.

I’ve been trying to think of a way to do the points which would work for basketball and football, and here’s what I have come up with:

Winner picked correctly: 10pts

Picked team score within 10 points: 5pts (each)

Picked team score within 5 points: 10pts (each)

Exact score of either team picked: 20pts (each)

The system will be broken down as follows:

Season > Round > Games

A season is pretty obvious, like “football season.” Rounds will break up the season into smaller chunks of any length size, like say a week. This is the same as the “weeks” in pick em, but can be any amount of time. This is more general and allows more flexibility. There can be any number of “games” in a round. Games are pretty obvious.

Let me know your thoughts.  The points have not been programmed so we will probably be in a situation where we enter some games before I have the programming done to see who won and all that. 

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site How To Use Ute Hub ALPHA TEST! New Predict The Score Game