Another thought on yesterday

Viewing 3 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Troy is essentially a freshman in regards to playing in big, meaningful college games. You noticed the stage getting to him in the Washington game, and again yesterday. He looked hesitant and unsure of himself. I believe this is primarily a lack of experience. It is incredibly rare for a guy who’s never been there to be good without getting a few games of experience in that heat under his belt.

I really hope this leads to something better from troy next season. He has the talent to do it.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

I also really hope we are able to put a good enough team around him for that to matter. I fear we let some of the best talent we’ve had in a while go to waste this year because of our LB group that collapsed our defense and an offense that can’t finish

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Yeah it would suck if we had to rely on a True Freshman, like Sam Darnold or Steven Montez. Montez beat OU and OSU and lost to USC by 4.

Yeah, let’s cut TWII some slack because he’s a “virtual” freshman.

Maybe others but I don’t think his lack of big time experience is an excuse. We’ve led the Pac12 in plays over 40 yards all year. Too bad we couldn’t get one measly yard on a few 4th downs or we’d be undefeated. Big plays hurt us as well. We scored too early yesterday and I just felt sick when we did, we left too much time on the clock.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Why pass on that first down? No patience should have kept rushing Joe. 

U-Diddy
      Ute Fan
      @u-diddy

Herbert is a true freshman.  He played pretty well. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Another thought on yesterday