Back From The Game

Viewing 5 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

Been awhile since I left a game with 9 minutes left on the clock.

Win by turnovers, lose by turnovers.

Were those throws by Wilson as bad as they looked from my seats on the 35 yard line?

Britain Covey looked like a pinball on that punt return.

Gionni Paul leaves everything on the field. Man stud he be.

We got down because of the INTs and then the defense got gassed in the second half from being on the field too long.

Only two teams have run the table in the PAC in the last 20 years: USC and UW. Probably even tougher to do now with 12.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The first INT was behind Covey’s route and read completely by “he who shall not be named”. The second INT shouldn’t have been thrown by Wilson. Wilson was staring down Booker while “he who shall not be named” read it all of the way. Third INT? Again “he who shall not be named” avada…kedavra-ed Travis Wilson. Wilson should have been throwing to the sidelines more on screens and slants. I disagree mightily with the plan to throw across the middle way too much.

EDIT:
      On the plus side I had a lot of fun on my day off. My smoked chicken was amazing and I ate it with the great company of my family.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Forgot, only 14 carries by Booker. WTF kind off game plan was that? After they were down 14 from two TW INTs, I could see that running from behind would be tough.

TW is like the bad GF. Just never know what you’re going to get with TW.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Fourth and two? What do you do? You make Wilson run to the sideline and make a throw to Booker right? Nope I hate it when they roll Wilson out of the pocket. Booker is good for two yards if you are willing to take the risk go for the one that has the highest probability of success.

I am not a head coach or experienced at all in Football but I am a fanatic and that one still bothers me.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Our game plan should have involved 30 carries for Booker, and several carries for joe Williams and bubba Poole as well.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The gameplan was f’d up by the INTs and by having some key injuries on defense. Without the INT’s we had a chance.

Anonymous
        Inactive

This^^^^is spot on. The Travis Wilson we’ve come to know, showed up and took Booker out of the game. All those clowns who think Wilson can carry the team with his arm, saw exactly how he can’t last night.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’m a Wilson fan and he has mega heart. That said, his role has mostly been, and is to manage and not lose the game. His skillset is not that of a Goff or a Kessler. We all know that.

In the ASU game I saw him checking down and looking off the safeties for the first time ever. I also saw him stepping UP in the pocket. I thought that was a big breakthrough for him. But in the USC game he did neither of those. He reverted back to his old ways of forcing passes and eyeing one receiver. That made the picks for #35 easy.

Wilson’s position is so important that we will pretty much win or lose based on how well he performs. At the least, the outcome will be based on how few or many mistakes he makes. That’s just the way it is at this point.

Anonymous
        Inactive

I think everyone knew going into the season that Utah’s QB play was the big question mark. I was pinching myself in disbelief after every big win. Then in the Cal game, the Travis Wilson we’ve come to know showed up and he wasn’t really pressured. It was just Travis being Travis.

Up to this point, the coaching staff has done an excellent job of coaching Travis Wilson and getting him to play within his skill set. At best, Wilson is a game manager. This team leads with Booker running. When that portion of the game is established, Wilson has been able to pick opportunities with the pass. The moment that Wilson must carry the team with his arm is when this team is in trouble.

The rest of the games are easier than USC, but the road games against UW and AZ are a concern. UW’s defense could pose problems for Utah, but our defense will play havoc with their true freshman QB. I don’t know enough about AZ. UCLA looked good against Cal, but Cal put no pressure on Rosen, which allowed him to pick them apart. I suspect that Utah’s Defense will be all over Rosen. The team I don’t know about is Arizona. They’ve been spotty this year, but it’s a road game. I could easily see two losses in the last 5 games.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Back From The Game