Basketball tipoff times

Viewing 0 reply threads

loyter
      Ute Fan
      @loyter

Seemingly every weekend game the Utes play from here to the end of the season is an afternoon game. Afternoon CBB is stupid. People have things to do. Skiing, kid’s sports leagues, hell, even just a project around the house. Afternoon games are day killers. Basketball is entertainment that should happen in the evening. 6:30 at the earliest.

Let’s look at the upcoming weekend games:

Saturday, December 8 – BYU (neutral) – Noon
      Saturday, December 15 – @Kentucky – 3:00 PM
      Saturday, December 29 – Nevada – Noon
      Saturday, January 5 – @Arizona – Noon
      Saturday, January 12 – WSU – 6:00 PM
      Sunday, January 20 – Colorad9 – 4:00 PM
      Saturday, January 26 – @Cal – 8:00 PM
      Saturday, February 2 – OSU – 3:00 PM
      Saturday, February 9 – @UCLA – 3:00 PM
      Saturday, February 16 – ASU – 8:00 PM (Hallelujah!)
      Saturday, February 23 – @WSU – 6:00 PM
      Saturday, March 2 – @Colorado – 4:00 PM
      Saturday, March 9 – UCLA – 5:00 PM

Home game start times:
      Noon, 6 PM, 4 PM, 3 PM, 8 PM, 5 PM

What ever happened to 7:35 PM tipoffs? Frankly, if this team doesn’t show some incredible improvement in December, I doubt I’ll attend the stupid early games, and I’ll probably not tune in to watch the away games. I can see one or two early games per year, but this is ridiculous.

Why is this happening? PAC 12 network wants every game on their network, so they have a Saturday quadruple-header, to the detriment of the fans. Another reason to want Larry Scott fired.

Larry K has said that he likes afternoon games. Maybe it’s so nobody will be watching as he fails once again to live up to his fat paycheck.

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Basketball tipoff times