Bernard Arrested

Viewing 3 reply threads

UtahManPodcast
      Ute Fan
      @utahmanpodcast

1280 is reporting that BYU linebacker Francis Bernard was arrested for a DUI early Saturday morning.

2 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Oh boy… sounds like he’s got a lot of issues. He would have started for us next year but now I doubt Whitt takes a chance on him.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Claiming to be a BYU athlete REALLY doesn’t help your chances anymore I bet. 

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

You’re kidding, right?

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Well I mean with attempting to get away with charges relative to crime. Not with trying to switch schools. 

As far as getting the help he needs yeah sure hope he does before he hurts himself or someone else. 

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

My comment was directed at LarryB. We took Carrington less than a month after a DUI and he has a much bigger history of trouble than Bernard does. Granted, Carrington is probably a better player but Bernard would likely start for us next year.

KW might pass on him, but it won’t be because of a single DUI nearly a full year before he would transfer to us. 

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Oh ok good I do like making fun and wasn’t trying to offend. Kid needs help I think Whitt could do that for him but at what expense?  Bernard seems like an entitled douche. Don’t know him personally but just judging him from his actions. Also his brother did all that preseason talk of switching to Utah it seems to me.

Just seems funny about how he enrolls in SLCC allegedly and is trying to get in with Utah. Then suddenly gets arrested being a dumbass again. 

Larry B
              Ute Fan
              @larryb

@UteThunder

The key here is that FB isn’t nearly the player DC is. DC is a game changer at a position where we were desperately lacking talent. FB is good but I don’t think Whitt is willing to take a chance on “good”, especially with how well he finds talent on defense.

Unfortunately talent trumps bad decision making in several cases, at most colleges.

UteThunder
                Ute Fan
                @utethunder

I don’t think he needs to be as good as DC for Whit to take a chance on him. LB has typically been the weakest position on our defense, aside from a few notable exceptions. Next year’s LB crew could certainly use help and to get a guy who is good enough to start the day he shows up would certainly be reason enough for Whit to take a chance on him.

I’m not saying that is what will happen, but I seriously doubt this DUI is a deal breaker.

2 1

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

He gone.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bernard Arrested