Big 12 Football Recruiting Comparisons

Viewing 2 reply threads

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

First off, I’m glad the Utes landed on their feet. That’s a longer post for another time. Second, let’s finish up our last athletic seasons in the Pac-12 and get our student-athletes some more conference championships before 2024.

I did some number crunching and compiled a list of 247s recruiting rankings over the last 5 classes from 2019-2023. Including all the new and future Big 12 football teams in 2024 the Utes rank 1st overall out of 16. This is for class rankings only. I didn’t include transfers because often times they are 1-2 year solution. Here’s the breakdown:

Ranking, Team, Average rating

1. Utah, 32.2
      2. TCU, 34.6
      3. Oklahoma State, 38
      4. Baylor, 39.4
      5. West Virginia, 42.2
      6. Colorado, 44
      7. Iowa State, 46.4
      8. Arizona State, 50.6
      9. Arizona, 51
      9. Texas Tech, 51
      11. Kansas State, 53.4
      12. Cincinnati, 54
      13. Central Florida, 59
      14. Houston, 67.8
      15. BYU, 72
      16. Kansas, 75.4

I see a lot of angst about certain twitter fans tanking Ute fan reputation and how we’ll “run” this conference when we join. I don’t care much for that stuff either but if recruiting really does matter, and I’m sure we all agree it matters a lot, then Utah football should expect to go into 2024 on every other team’s radars. And who knows what can happen between now and next year. Roster turnover, coaching staff changes, etc…

But that’s a discussion that can wait for next year. We got Florida coming to Salt Lake City this month!

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

Awesome, data. I think the Texas viewership market will be great for Utah Utes!

fosternano
        Ute Fan
        @fosternano

Agreed, the BIG 12 helps with the Texas and Florida pipeline. If Utah keeps it up with recruiting we may see a top 25 average over 4 years 🤞

gogotwo
      Ute Fan
      @gogotwo

UCF has 9 4* recruits this year, more then Utah has ever had in year. They seemed to have just got a huge bump joining b12

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Big 12 Football Recruiting Comparisons