Big 12 NIL

Viewing 0 reply threads

BUBearsFan
      Ute Fan
      @bubearsfan72

NIL is big in the Big 12. Here’s a few things I’ve seen about it.

The On3 NIL valuation list uses a couple metrics to estimate player value and includes some confirmed amounts. It includes the top 75 or 100 which you can filter by sport and whether the player is in college or high school. The #2 ranked athlete in all of NIL is the very popular gymnast from LSU, Livvy Dunne. I haven’t looked for all teams but I don’t see Utah on any of these lists. I can see CU is paying well for a RB. And Sanders Jr is making bank. Baylor is listed for 1-2 football. And there’s 3 for b’ball from 60-$100,000 and a potential one at $537,000. I’m not sure how reliable this is because Baylor’s NIL collective data is held in strict confidence. Maybe players are releasing some info. This On3 data is obviously very incomplete but no doubt most players are being paid less than 6 figures which is close to where these lists cut off.

On3 Rankings

The Big 12 leads all conferences in NIL, but it includes UT & OU while the PAC of course includes all their 2023 schools.

Big 12 Leads NIL

Texas Tech is paying all 100 football players a minimum of $25000 which of course creates a minimum annual commitment of 2.5 million.

Texas Tech minimum pay

And here’s the top 5 player valuations going into the 2022 Big 12 b’ball tournament.

Top 5 b’ball valuations

Baylor has 2 collectives. The biggest is called GXG. Baylor was a little slow to launch and the school admin was slow to advertise. But they are up and running. I understand that football and men’s/women’s b’ball are very competitive.

GXG

Recruiting Stars and NIL don’t mean everything. If they did, Texas would have been top 5 the past 10 years and instead they were the whipping post. But NIL will be important for obvious reasons.

I’m curious where Utah stands this. What are the collectives called? Was Utah quick to get them started or slow versus the rest of the PAC? Which sports are covered? How do you see Utah versus the rest of the Big 12?

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• This topic is empty.