Bummer….

Viewing 7 reply threads

Hoo Ray Who?
      Ute Fan
      @mattybumbo

BUMMER….just heard that Tayler Katoa out of Layton High has picked USC. Really hoped we could land that kid.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

Damn.

Oh well. Here’s hoping Jay Tufele picks Utah. It will be tough to win against Ohio State and Michigan, but 247’s latest predictions seem to suggest he might be leaning to Utah? Who knows? But here’s hoping…

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Jay-Tufele-at-Bingham-134643/CurrentExpertPredictions

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

That is a bummer.  That said, I highly doubt we will ever consistently win a recruiting battle against USC.  The facilities and school are really top notch.  

Hoo Ray Who?
        Ute Fan
        @mattybumbo

Just kills me to see local kids go for the “glitz and glamour” whether they end up choosing the U or not. I wonder how Cooper Bateman is enjoying his role as FG holder for the Tide…..

SkinyUte
          Ute Fan
          @skinyute

Didn’t Bateman transfer? Thought I saw that somewhere…

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Katoa is going to be really good. Thought he was ours. Damn.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

And that’s a problem we are going to have….. forever.

vcsg01
        Ute Fan
        @vcsg01

I think it really hurts us that we don’t finish well. Usc is Usc but they also seem to come on strong at the end of every year while we fall apart.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

That’s because they have 4-5 star backups.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

That is definitely a bummer, his sister plays for Utah’s volleyball team, I was hoping to pull another Bradlee Anae situation, his sister Adora Anae, the Anae-ilator, is probably the best on the Utah volleyball team.

BTW if you haven’t seen Utah’s volleyball team play they’re pretty good.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

One issue I have is that apparently Stevie Tuikolovato was texting him and actively recruiting him to USC. Stevie T walked on at the U was given a scholarship. He graduated at the end of last year due to Utah’s academic support, then bolted to USC (apparently because he wasn’t going to start). Fine, but to actively recruit against the team that supported you when no one else would smacks of a lack of integrity on his part.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

I wouldn’t say the Stevie T situation is one of integrity. In fact looking out for the best interest of an individual player perhaps shows a higher amount of integrity. That probably isn’t the best word for the situation.

However it is obviously apparent that he took advantage of the situation he had at Utah. They brought him in, trained him to an be NFL-caliber player, paid for his school and got him the tutors he needed to keep his grades up and have him graduate in 3 years, etc. He certainly is not showing any respect or honor to the very institution that made him what he is and put him in the situation where he can now badmouth Utah. And that makes him less than honorable in my eyes.

The worst thing about it is that Utah probably wins the South this year with Stevie T on the D line.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Is there proof that he was “badmouthing” Utah?

It’s possible he was saying good things about Utah, but he was saying the USC was just better. I’m not saying I like it, but it is possible he was being respectful of the U and giving them their due while giving what may be his honest opinion in a comparison between the two schools. I have to think of him actively saying bad things about Utah. If he did… then he deserves vitrol. Lots of it.

That being said, I wish he would have just abstained from saying anything, acknowledging that he was in a bad situation and couldn’t win by offering any opinions. That would have been the best thing to do.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.