Can’t reply from iphone

Viewing 9 reply threads

Riot West
      Ute Fan
      @riotwest

I can reply to the original post but not a subsequent post within the thread. 

There’s also this letter p just hanging out at the bottom too. Maybe that’s the new “false” or something?

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I can reply but I can’t start a new thread. It shows a Submit button before I start to type but after I type the post there is no submit button. Maybe it’s off to the side but landscaping stopped working on this phone.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I’m running into this on iPhone as well.

Riot West
      Ute Fan
      @riotwest

Let me be more specific: it won’t let me type in the reply box. Not even a cursor shows up.

Ute Bc
        Ute Fan
        @utebc

Have you logged in?  

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I’m having the unable to reply problem too now but only to certain posts.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

This is a reply from my Android phone. When you say certain posts can you be more specific? That could be important for me to figure out the bug. I will borrow bride of admin’s iPhone and try it out on there later today.

TheUteBlog
          Ute Fan
          @theuteblog

Mac/Safari test reply.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Is this a “new” thing?  Have you been replying via iPhone previously?  If so when did you notice the change?  I just implemented a fix for the user names and avatars, so it’s possibly related.

Riot West
        Ute Fan
        @riotwest

Meaning I cannot reply to a post separately. I have to add a reply at the bottom of the entire thread. I would’ve replied just below Tony’s post but it wouldn’t let me

Edited: that was weird. I tried to reply to Tony’s post and it wouldn’t let me. I even hit submit and was told “can’t have an empty message” (or something similar). So I instead wrote this latest post like I was responding to the first post of the thread and my response showed up right under Tony’s post.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

It just happened today. I can still reply to most posts though.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Ok do me a favor. Find a post you can’t reply to. Try it a few times and see if it is always broken.  If you find one that’s broken, go ahead and post the link in this thread or DM it to me or whatever.  If you can also give me a screen shot that would be cool.

Also, please try to clear your cache if you can, and try after.  I made a change yesterday on somthing not related, but you never know.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’ve tried on my Mac/Safari in iPhone test mode and of course it works great. Please give me this if you can:

Model of iPhone.
      Post/page/reply you can’t reply to
      Screen shot

Also try to clear your cache. 

GO UTES

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

PROBLEM DIAGNOSED!  Ok so it would have been good to know that the problem isn’t on the home page LOL!

SO I added a new visual editor to the forum pages.  On phones it looks like the menu bar is wrapping to a 2nd line and moving the submit button out of view.

I can fix it, but it won’t be until tonight.  Until then, try the home page to post replies.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Try it now. I rolled back the the old setup for now.

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

That took care of the “P” that was hanging out at the bottom of the reply box.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

LOL I still never sall that P. 

Tacoma Ute
            Ute Fan
            @tacomaute

At least it didn’t say “false”.

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

I’m working on a new and improved false feature. Stay tuned.

Riot West
        Ute Fan
        @riotwest

Works

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Can’t reply from iphone