CCG thoughts

Viewing 2 reply threads

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

If both USC and CU run the table and they don’t play in the CCG, would it possible for the PAC 12 to get two NY6 bowl invites. They’d both be 6-0 after the CCG and whichever game CU ends up playing. Obviously, SC gets the Fiesta and if CU can climb high enough, they get an at large bid?
      Personally, I think it’s a long shot, but maybe that’s Larry’s thinking. Am I giving him too much credit for possibly trying to do the right thing for the conference?

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

No. The P12 is an afterthought this year. It was never possible for us to make the CFP, and a NY6 is a near impossibility.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

The Pac-12 has been an afterthought for decades.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I have to agree with Utesbyfive.  CU is only ranked #21 right now, and it’s unlikely they’d move up high enough in the CFP to be considered for a NY6 bowl.  Colorado would really be getting the short end of the stick in this situation, so I really feel for them.  It’s not often they have a really good season, so to see this is very disappointing on two counts:

1.  They would have deserved so much better.

2.  If it could happen to them, it could happen to ANY of us [not-named USC or Oregon].

I really hope we beat them, so it wouldn’t come to that.  Plus, a loss GUARANTEES that we won’t get a bowl game — which chances are already slim to begin with, what with all the Pac-12 bowl tie games being cancelled and all.

Go Utes!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 CCG thoughts