Christian Popoola

Viewing 3 reply threads

Basketball Junkie
      Ute Fan
      @basketballjunkie

Utah Hoops news: I’m hearing that Christian Popoola has received his release to transfer.

TheJuggernaut
      Ute Fan
      @thejuggernaut

We’re over two scholarships for next year, so unless Hendrix comes back nobody else will have to go.

2 2

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

I guess the annual LarryK player exodus is starting early this year?  

EastCoastUte
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute

Lets be honest. Popoola was never really going to get that much playing time. he first got an offer to BYU but after accepting BYU the recruiters stopped going to his games and he got some problems with BYU and thus dropped BYU and went to Utah pretty much as a “flip off” to BYU.

and for Hendrix, that def. is internal issues. Larry K is a different coach. hes not easy, even Kyle Kuzma was considering transfering at one point because of Coach K (back when he was a freshmen) but he decided to stay in Utah and look where he is now. I think alot of young players are just ignoring the wisdom of their coaches and doing things the way they think is best for them and coach doesn’t agree. hence they think they can do better else where and leaves.

but in all honestly, that frees up our spaces. we are deep in popoola’s position anyway. good for our rookies to step up.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.