Cody Fueger

Viewing 1 reply thread
      4 2

AZUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @azutefan

Here is my nominee for the under the radar hire: Cody Fueger

Got started in 2002 at the U as a student assistant.  Has experience working under Majerus, Stew Morrill, Dave Rose, and currently assistant under Pope.  Basketball junkie.  Big into analytics.  Relentless recruiter.  Players coach.  

Only negative is never been a head coach, which ironically enough is the same as the supposed favorite, JB.  I loved JB’s game and it sounds like he has done good work as an assistant in the NBA.  But the college game is extremely different.  If we offer the job to a first time head coach, let’s aim for someone that has been in the college game the past 20 years and understands recruiting, the transfer portal, dealing with 18-22 year olds, etc.

This kid is going to be a superstar coach somewhere in the near future.  If we are considering candidates that lack head coaching experience, Cody Fueger should be at the top of the list.

2 2

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

Here is my nominee for the under the radar hire: Cody Fueger

Got started in 2002 at the U as a student assistant.  Has experience working under Majerus, Stew Morrill, Dave Rose, and currently assistant under Pope.  Basketball junkie.  Big into analytics.  Relentless recruiter.  Players coach.  

Only negative is never been a head coach, which ironically enough is the same as the supposed favorite, JB.  I loved JB’s game and it sounds like he has done good work as an assistant in the NBA.  But the college game is extremely different.  If we offer the job to a first time head coach, let’s aim for someone that has been in the college game the past 20 years and understands recruiting, the transfer portal, dealing with 18-22 year olds, etc.

This kid is going to be a superstar coach somewhere in the near future.  If we are considering candidates that lack head coaching experience, Cody Fueger should be at the top of the list.

My response…NO ZOOBIES PLEASE

6 2

AZUteFan
        Ute Fan
        @azutefan

Good thinking. We don’t want anyone that has been or was a zoobie coaching a major revenue sport at the U!

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Sarcasm? K.Whitt = BYU Linebacker.

AZUteFan
            Ute Fan
            @azutefan

Well, I was the one that suggested Cody Fueger, so…

AlphaUte
        Ute Fan
        @connor1822

Absolutely. Thats one reason why mark pope wasnt really taken seriously at the U. Hes also a tool

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

He played for Them. That is the biggest reason.

4 1

McBride of Frankenstein
        Ute Fan
        @mcbrideoffrankenstein

remember Whit went to BYU

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.