Colorado or USC?

Viewing 1 reply thread

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

This absolutely irritates the hell out of me that we gave up last second game winning plays to our oppoents in all of our losses to be in the position where all we can do is “spoil” Colorado’s P12 south championship and hand it to USC.  That’s like having the choice of which VD you’d rather have. 

I picked us to go 8-4 before the season, and I see no reason to think that’s not going to happen.

Given the choice of Colorado or USC as Pac-12 South champion I’d much rather see Colorado as I can’t stand USC.  Unfortunately I know what that means.  It’s a no win scenario.

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

same feeling.  but…. the silver lining of a win (regardless of what it does for the condoms) is…..  maybe we get a better bowl game.  that’s the only thing i can think of.  pretty depressing but we have to get over it.  i personally need to NOT get so emotionally invested in Ute football.  it’s gut wrenching.  alcohol doesn’t even help !  jeez, we take out the condoms and ucla yet LOSE TO EVERY TEAM IN THE NORTH.  see, i’m still not over it.    i’ve been this way for two other teams also.  the 70’s/80’s raiders and the stockton/malone jazz.  somehow, i got over both of those….  bout the time the Utes started getting pretty good !   rant over

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

Not every team in the North, just three out of the four we played this year.

And I’d rather see USC, that way we beat both teams who finished ahead of us in the South. And I’m fine with that. I take consolation in being undefeated in the South.

Said it before I’ll say it again. If we were playing Directional State last week like the SEC we have 4 Pac12 teams in the top 12, USC, Washington, Utah, Colorado and just outside WSU. But no we’ve got to have 9 conference games.

89ute
          Ute Fan
          @89ute

I think 9 conference games for all is on the horizon. 3 conferences already do it. I think the TV networks are going to demand it of the SEC. The ACC is a little tricky because of Notre Dame. 5 ACC teams play ND every year, plus, like many other conferences, the ACC plays an out of conference P5 rival. For example, Georgia – Georgia Tech. If I’m GT, I wouldn’t be too happy about 9 conference games plus ND and Georgia, so I can get their reluctance.

But what the SEC is doing is just shameful. By in large, plenty of P5s are playing 9 conference games plus a meaningful P5 ooc. I don’t really care if the ACC does not change, I can see the ND thing being an issue, so it’s just the SEC that needs to be pressured and I think it’s just a matter of time.

UTE98
            Ute Fan
            @ute98

The Big10, BigXII and Pac12 are doing it this year.

Is there a correlation between the Pac12 and BigXII being left out of the CFP the past two years?

Very possible.

Until I see the ACC or SEC left out, I say go with 8 conference games. Though I do give some credit to the ACC-SEC teams who are playing cross league games this year.

But what about UNC-NCState who are playing against each other? VaTech-UVA, who have already played 8 conference games. Do these count as conference games? Tennessee-Vandy? Just make it all the same.

Arkansas is at 7-4 with wins over LaTech, TCU (down this year), Alcorn, and Texas St.
            Kentucky is 6-5 lost to Southern Miss, beat NM State, Peay. Most of the SEC teams were undefeated OOC.

SEC lost 9 OOC games with 14 teams.
            PAC12 lost 10 OOC games with 10 teams. Keep in mind SEC got about 10 more OOC games amongst the 14 teams.

PAC12 22-10 OOC.
            SEC 40-9 OOC, because the SEC is SOOOOO good???!!!!!!!

WSU was disappointing OOC, but can’t remember anyone else who embarrassed themselves.

Anonymous
          Inactive

I would rather lose to Oregon than watch Utah play another body bag school. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Colorado or USC?