Commentator last night said that Cal has lost 7 of their 8 safeties to injury.

Viewing 1 reply thread

AZswayze
      Ute Fan
      @AZswayze

We’ve obviously been decimated at the running back position, but the truth is that without the injuries, Joe Williams never comes back. Moss and Shyne are great, and the o-line was opening up massive holes against UCLA, but Joe’s speed is what allowed him to gain 332 yards. Moss or Shyne likely would have ended up with around 120-150 I’m guessing, which would not have been enough last week. Point is that injuries suck, but every team is dealing with them at this point in the season, and in at least one case they actually may have worked to our advantage.

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

utes ran the same little counterplay about 20 times.  TW2 takes snap, turns left, continues turning the same direction (3/4 turn) so that it becomes a handoff to the right side.  meantime, left tackle and left guard pull and start up the hole.  i’ve never seen so much downfield blocking by the OL.   then JW’s speed took over.  bruins never adjusted to that play.  i’m sure udub has seen that film….  that play is a wrinkle i’ve not seen “regularly” before.  befuddled the bruins

Anonymous
        Inactive

Actually, Whitt said in his Coach’s Show that they ran the court get play 12x.

AirForceUte
        Ute Fan
        @cdoughboy2000

That counterplay looks odd to me. Almost like Troy was making a mistake turning the wrong way. 

AZswayze
        Ute Fan
        @AZswayze

Tevi and Bolles were killing it on those plays. Tevi took out multiple guys on more than one occasion.

hnoseguard
          Ute Fan
          @hnoseguard

Our O-Line was on fire the UCLA game. O-Line play was abysmal after Tim Davis left and I feel that was the biggest reason we had back to back 5-7 seasons. Harding has done a phenomenal job of building up and coaching our O-Line. Year in, year out, USC has the highest graded O-Line in the PAC, but I think people will be surprised with how well our boys grade at the end of the season when all is said and done.

Anonymous
            Inactive

OL was not so great at Pass Blocking against UCLA. They gave up 5 sacks.

Run blocking was outstanding.

hnoseguard
              Ute Fan
              @hnoseguard

There was one play where the right tackle, can’t remember if it was Barton or Tevi, whiffed on a chop block and allowed the DT to have a free shot at TW for an easy sack. That was pretty awful, but other than that, I thought the O-Line did good with pass blocking considering that UCLA has one of the better defensive lines in the PAC.

AZswayze
                Ute Fan
                @AZswayze

It was Tevi. He just whiffed like you said, but not a huge deal, especially considering how he was getting downfield all day long after planting his first block on their respective ass.

oc_ute
          Ute Fan
          @ocute

i bet we will have a wrinkle to that play tomorrow.  fake the handoff or something.  udub will be waiting for this play.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Commentator last night said that Cal has lost 7 of their 8 safeties to injury.