Comparison of Bad Calls and Reviews

Viewing 5 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

In the game against USC, Utah defender hits QB Sam Darnold from behind. The hit snaps Darnold’s arm upwards dislodging the ball and Utah recovers the apparent fumble. On review, they over turn and call it an incomplete pass. USC continues the drive and scores a TD.

WSU vs UCLA. Luke Falk loses grip on the ball as he’s passing, not due to a hit. Ball actually travels forward several yards in the air with an awkward vertical spiral which had to be caused by the forward motion of his arm. On review, refs overturn and call it a fumble. UCLA and scores onna 23 yard short field.

Not only are these refs bad, they are inconsistently bad.

Both games should not have been as close as the final result.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I remember the Luke Falk play and it looked to me he lost it as he was trying to pull it in, so in my mind it was a legitimate fumble. The Darnold call looked like his arm went forward after he was hit and lost the ball, but I was in the stands and in spite of the replay didn’t get a good enough look to say it was a mistake. PI calls, however, are another matter. I think they have some random number generator that tells them whether to call a PI or not.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The safety on the one yard line requiring Whitt to call a timeout to remind the refs he wanted the option to decline a penalty and not have 1st and 10.5 yards. Watching the replay it is clear it was a giant massive hold in the endzone. 
      Didn’t matter in the end but good hell that was stupid. 
      The targeting call on Byu that resulted in an Int which should have given the ball back to Utah. Instead let’s penalize the BYU offense for a penalty on the defense during the course of the catch. 

Officiating has been awful this season. 

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

that Darnold call was so awful and it was a major turning point in the game

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hers is a screen capture at the moment that Darnold was hit. You tell me, is his arm in a position to throw? In the video, the hit comes at 0:34.

http://s293.photobucket.com/user/BigThres/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_6540_zpssvjilysr.png.html” target=”_blank”>Darnold Fumble photo IMG_6540_zpssvjilysr.png” alt=”Darnold fumble” />

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

In every game there have been several very bad calls, or no-calls.  This season seems to be the worst one I can remember with regards to pac-12 officiating.  Also, the delays in the games for reviews are out of control.  Obvious plays are being reviewed constantly, taking two minutes…  Makes the flow of the game much less enjoyable.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Comparison of Bad Calls and Reviews