Covey’s comments on Rose Bowl uniforms

Viewing 2 reply threads

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Covey said yesterday that, based on what he’s seen people requesting, fans will be pleased with the Rose Bowl uniform combo — though he couldn’t reveal any specifics. We already know we’re wearing white. To me, Covey was insinuating we’re getting some iteration of the white throwbacks. Personally, I want to see a combo of throwback white Jersey and pants with the red interlocking U helmet. This would be a similar look to our sugar bowl unis.

Covey also acknowledged the somewhat controversial championship game uniform choices, and that those were mostly Devin Lloyd’s decision. And now, given the context and victory, that combo will be held in high-regard among Utah fandom.

AZUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @azutefan

Hoping the interlocking UU on the helmet will have a rose integrated on the logo similar to the gear being sold at the Red Zone store. 

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

AZ, that is a genius idea! Would look so cool if they incorporated a rose through the interlocking Us like the Rose Bowl gear they’ve released. Wish someone had a connection to make that happen.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

One question. Would you guys prefer the all white throw back look (white helmet interlocking UU, white jersey, white pants) or the white helmet, white jersey, red pants look? Or I also really like the white, white, black pants look…kind of like the Atlanta Falcons. Both are cool IMO just curious what you all think?

Uni combo – white, white, black

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I’m not sure why anyone had a problem with CCG combo. I get people are unwilling to acknowledge that Utah can wear black, but I thought it looked nice.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Agreed, the CCG unis were badass!! And I love that Lloyd and our captains picked them…whatever gives them a little bit extra juice I’m all for!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Covey’s comments on Rose Bowl uniforms