Cristobal leaving the Ducks

Viewing 3 reply threads

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

McMurphy, Canzano and Nostradamus just confirming Cristobal leaving Oregon for Miami.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Maybe I’m way off, but seems like the Oregon gig is a better one than Miami. 

McBride of Frankenstein
        Ute Fan
        @mcbrideoffrankenstein

Cristobal is going “home”…. not just about money (I think).  This is part of the reason why it makes sense to hire within the extended family of a program.  Someone with roots in the program.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

This^^^ it’s not a matter of money or a better job. I think his end goal was always Miami which is his Alma mater

younglurch
        Ute Fan
        @younglurch

I think I would have to agree. Oregon has deeper pockets thanks to Uncle Phil and plays in a slightly easier conference (USC could change things). Mario has already established some success there. It’s much harder to reinvigorate a program with high expectations than it is to maintain your success with your current team.

From what I’ve heard though, Cristobal’s decision isn’t necessarily about money. He is from Miami and is an alum. I believe his ailing mother also lives in the area. Also, with his recruiting skill, Miami could pull top 10 classes easily. But, the stunt their athletic department pulled with Manny Diaz, basically publicly looking for a new coach prior to firing him, should raise some red flags. 

All said, I guess it makes sense Mario is leaving. Now we wait and see who the next UO coach is, and more importantly, if he can keep their players (I’m looking at you Sewell. Come home!!)

Dante Guardi
          Ute Fan
          @danteg12

The Pac 12 is miles ahead of the ACC if we are being real. Especially this year.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Would be amazing to get Noah Sewell to come home and play with his brother!

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

He’s not going to the draft? Dude’s a stud. 

NarfUte
              Ute Fan
              @narfute

He’s only been out of HS for 2 years. Needs 3 to go pro.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Is he three years out of high school? I think he has one more to give.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Miami is giving him a lot of money same years. Plus he is home.

Ute Fan
        @nkirkham

Looks like having no income tax & coaching for Alma Mater is making the difference.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Oh yeah the income tax thing. I assume you mean state income tax. That could be a large chunk of dough. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Good article I read:

Canzano

Uteusmc
      Ute Fan
      @uteusmc

Well luck would have it,  Roscoe Mendenhall is available.   This probably all part of an elaborate plan as to why he stepped down from VA.  He knew an Oregon offer was imminent…. especially since he is a Beaver

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Cristobal leaving the Ducks