Curious change at UFN

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

This is a curious change at UFN.  The board is gone, and a hello world post is there (below). Wonder what’s up.

Anonymous
      Inactive

That’s unfortunate, lots of great posts there. probably lost forever. we will just have to start over here!

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Agree. Of course I’m biased.

Anonymous
          Inactive

A little bias never hurt anybody on a sports message board………..

UtahUtesRock
        Ute Fan
        @utahutesrock

Yeah was fun to go back and look at days like when they announced the PAC invite. 

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

there will be a bit on search engine archived pages

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Everything there still shows up fine for me.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Oh weird. The previous site state is now back, where you can view but can’t post.

hnoseguard
      Ute Fan
      @hnoseguard

It looks like somebody is actively trying to either roll back the site using snapshots or making wholesale changes.  Also, Firefox is now reporting cert errors on the site which is probably related.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I remember seeing the current state before. The template is there but no posts. Shortly after I saw that the site was back up. So maybe someone’s trying to get it back up.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Perhaps the site has become self aware and is reasserting itself in the matrix.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Wonder if Chris was the only one who had the backend login creds to fix stuff, and if anyone else who may have those creds knows how to fix stuff.

mokus
      Ute Fan
      @mokus

I’m logged out, can’t log in and it won’t let me create a new account.  I hope you don’t take any of this talk personal Tony, because your site is pretty cool and we all appreciate it.  But even as a relative noob, I’m kind of emotional about Chris’ passing and the dissolving of that corner of the Utah community.  Its a rough end to a place many enjoyed.  

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

No worries. UFN was the place to go for a very long time. I started there I think in 2005ish.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Curious change at UFN