Viewing 2 reply threads

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

User Actions
      Follow

Dirk Facer
      ‏@DirkFacer
      Utah and BYU to play at Vivint Smart Home Arena on Dec. 8, 2018 as part of a three-year deal with Utah St. and Weber St. — Beehive Classic.
      8:55 AM – 21 Jul 2016

I remember hearing Dave Rose on the radio a few months back state that no way BYU will play in a state of Utah tournament unless Utah plays the “owed” game in Provo. Well, this explains why we agreed to go back to Provo. Hopefully, it’s our last.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

No–we can expect to play BYU at home or in Provo during the years we don’t play them in the ZBBC. This is great news for the Zoobs because it means they don’t have to visit the Hunty again until 2019.

It’s a damn shame this isn’t a two-day tournament with the day one winners playing each other on day two. It would have been a total blast. Plus it would give us a great excuse to stop agreeing to play BYU H/H…since there would always be a strong chance of meeting them in the ZBBC (assuming they keep doing it past 2019). I’ll bet BYU vetoed the two-day concept for precisely that reason.

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

I screwed up calling this a tournament. The winners don’t play each other. That’s just silly. Reading comprehension fail on my part.

CincyUte
          Ute Fan
          @cincyute

It should be a two-day tournament. Big missed opportunity.  Maybe there’s an NCAA rule that permits teams to play in only one pre-season tournament per year?

GadValleyUte
        Ute Fan
        @maximumkungfu

How is it a tournament if it’s just 2 games where winners don’t play? Sounds like a double feature 

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Hey, I’ll take it. Tourney or not.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Dirk Facer just tweeted BB tournament in the Delta Center, Beehive Classic