Does anyone know what happened with Collin Chandler

Viewing 4 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Was it really an NIL issue. Or did Mark Pope pull some more shady Sh** like he did with our last big time recruit. (Forgot his name)

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

Caleb Loehner

younglurch
      Ute Fan
      @younglurch

The claim on twitter is that Ryan Smith (billionaire Jazz owner and known BYU fan) stepped in to help Chandler with NIL deals. 

Of course, take it with a grain of salt since it is twitter, but it does seem to me to be a situation of where there’s smoke there’s a fire.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but technically I thought NIL deals couldn’t be used as inducement for recruiting purposes? Of course, that would be hard to enforce, but appears to be what happened here. It also adds up with the story some Ute people are progating about scholarship issues, since they may not want to admit they couldn’t measure up with a big NIL deal, which hurts recruiting potential enormously. 

Just my two cents. Curious to see what others think. 

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I respect this completely. In this new world of NIL, schools will need to offer enticing potential earnings products to land players. Does Utah have the rich backers to make this a reality?

John
          Ute Fan
          @sgufan

Since all of these comments are pure speculation and have no real factual basis I would refrain from making comments like these.  We are dealing with 18 year old kids who could change their mind in a second and then reverse their decision a moment later. Should Chandler have second thoughts this will not help.

3 2

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Don’t know don’t care

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

When we lose players to a conservative religious school within which students are encouraged to inform on their roommates, ganja is very hard to come by, and classes about the golden plates are required to graduate, I feel obligated to care.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Yes, thumbs down to my opinion. Thank you.

1 7

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

Crooked Mormans

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Does anyone know what happened with Collin Chandler