ESPN Bowl projections/how do you think the season plays out?

Viewing 5 reply threads

Warrior Ute
      Ute Fan
      @warriorute

ESPN weekly puts out a prediction of where PAC-12 teams end up in bowl games. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/104456/pac-12-week-5-bowl-projections-washington-in-line-for-a-playoff-berth

This week they have us going to the Foster Farms Bowl, selected behind Washington, Stanford, UCLA and Colorado.  When I look at our schedule and what we have done I am unsure about where we end up.  I think that we have a good chance of splitting our UCLA/Colorado games and picking up one.  I think Washington looks too good.  Stanford has a similar style to ours and just got destroyed.  I think ASU could be a trap game.  They seem to be similar to Cal in the strong explosive offense and weaker defense.  
      This could lead to us being 8-4 or 9-3 and maybe tying for the South Championship again with potentially losing the head to head tie-breaker with UCLA or Colorado.    
      We could end-up at the Foster Farms Bowl as predicted, I would love this because it is close to home to get to the Bowl Game.  I don’t believe they are tied to rankings for their selection and I wouldn’t be surprised if they considered Cal first just because of proximity.  Their poor attendance at their home games might negatively impact this.  
      I think Holiday Bowl then Foster Farms Bowl are fairly likely.  What do you think?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Seems like a long season. Utah’s injuries are racking up. I think Vegas bowl

Anonymous
      Inactive

Dielman done for the year. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Don’t worry I thumbs down myself. 

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

There exists a simple two-step formula to determine which bowl the Pac-12 will assign us to:

Question 1: Will Utah be bowl eligible?
      If no, Utah will not go to a bowl.
      If yes, proceed to question 2.

Question 2: Will Utah be chosen for a playoff/NY6 Bowl
      If yes, Utah will go to a playoff/NY6 Bowl.
      If no, Utah will go to the Vegas Bowl again.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

I think once the Raiders move to Vegas that bowl should be bumped up competition wise. A 60-70k+ seat stadium would be a waste with the typical MWC and mid-tier Pac12 team

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

I don’t see the Vegas Bowl for a third year in a row. Maybe the sun or Cactus.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The injuries have me drinking a Debbie Downer C**ktail. I’m thinking this will now be a development season for our young players.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ESPN Bowl projections/how do you think the season plays out?