Everyone Remember that We Have Been Winners in the Portal

Viewing 3 reply threads

cj13
      Ute Fan
      @cjohnsen13

Losing Matthew’s sucks, but I wouldn’t trade him for all we’ve received. Rising, JJ, Kincaid, Sewell, McClain, Diabate, King, Damuni, Fano, Becker, Battle and probably more just to name a few that have started for us. We’ve lost Matthews and maybe Latu and Moala or Isbell (who was a transfer in as well) who were projected starters or major two deep players. Literally nobody who has left did anything major at a big school.

We have been blessed with the portal and could lose Vaki, Bishop, and Ellis and still be a better program overall because of it. Just look at the team down south. They lost both Barringtons, Holker, great starters in Pili and Jeudy-Lally, and more just last year alone. Look at Oregon State and WSU this year.

I am very excited to see who we land this year. If we could get one of Kelly, Jackson, or Keshawn Williams I would be very happy.

Uteusmc
      Ute Fan
      @uteusmc

We are all winners!

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Bishop is going to the league. Jonah not sure yet. Losing Vaki to the portal would be a massive L no matter how you wanna spin it.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Ute Fan
        @jvhoofs

I agree ghost. Losing Vaki and Bishop would be devastating for a playoff run. Safety’s are vital to our defense. Big learning curve regardless of talent.

cj13
        Ute Fan
        @cjohnsen13

It would be, but we have still received so much that you couldn’t paint the portal as being bad for Utah

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Agree we’ve done well. Disappointment comes when we are set to be a potential playoff team and loose key players. Not sure there are any portal players that can fill those shoes.

Rising coming backs. Whitt and Lud ready to retire the window is closing fast. We need a total all in approach with some portal success.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Everyone Remember that We Have Been Winners in the Portal