Executing the Offense The QB, The Past, The Present ,The Future

Viewing 0 reply threads

SackLakeCity
      Ute Fan
      @sacklakecity

So I have been thinking lately about some of the best football years in recent memory…Alex Smith 2004, Brian Johnson 2008, Travis Wilson 2015, etc…I think the thing that stood out the most was how the quarterback executed the offense.

The 2004 Smith year was unbelievable, I have never seen an offense ran that effectively or efficient ever in my life or since that year.  Smith was a magician especially with the shuttle pass.  

The 2008 Johnson year, it wasn’t perfect, but the Alabama game was a masterpiece.  The offense was just humming and Brian Johnson had enough experience to call his own plays and execute at a high level.  

The 2015 year Travis Wilson made plays and ran the read option extremely well.  Where his throwing lacked he made up for it with his legs, I can remember a ton of first downs and touchdowns he made with his legs and gave it everything he had.  Also Booker was the best player on the field and without him they don’t have a winning season.  

I think the things in common with the most successful years have been:

1- Experienced Quarterback who runs the offense extremely well

2- No major injuries–this might be a hot take, but without Devontae Booker, I think Utah has a new head coach

3- Unique offense and unique players

I think this sets up for some exciting years with this offense and Huntley.  It’ll be fun to see how the season comes together.  

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Executing the Offense The QB, The Past, The Present ,The Future