For those who say the Utes wasted tax dollars by cancelling the byu game

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Hate to admit reading a Deserted News article, but one interesting fact was written about U athletics for those who whined about state tax dollars being “wasted” when the U cancelled the remaining basketball game with byu:

“In the 2014-15 academic year, direct state tax dollars made up less than 1 percent of the total athletic expenditures at the university (of Utah).”

By my math the $80K buyout and said “wasted” money would have amounted to less than $800 (1%) to the state. But the state didn’t even have to pay the 1% because coach K paid the whole buyout himself.

So basically what I’m saying is STFU about “wasting” tax payers money. The athletic department supports itself and generates tens of millions of dollars for the state, and the university.

Anonymous
      Inactive

“No! That’s impossible!!”

Anonymous
      Inactive

If they actually do a full audit I imagine it will cost more than 80k.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

less than 1%? So what is everybody complaining about?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Good question.

less than 1%? So what is everybody complaining about?

Anonymous
      Inactive

The team does not need this distraction during the season, but afterwards Brandon Taylor should consider pressing charges against Emery and filing a lawsuit against both Emery and BYU.  That would give them the old STFU.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo For those who say the Utes wasted tax dollars by cancelling the byu game